Unit 1 Problem Set 1 Problems
1. The general public in the United States will be able to purchase all of the Windows 7 editions in retail stores except Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Basic, and Windows 7 Enterprise.
2. The core module that provides all of the Windows 7 capability that isn’t language- or edition-specific is called MinWin.
3. When you copy a file to a library, Windows Explorer writes the file to the folder designated as the save location.
4. To use federated search, you must download or create XML files for specific sites called search connectors.
5. The only operating system edition that you can upgrade in-place to Windows 7 Professional is Windows 7 Ultimate.
6. Upgrading a computer running Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Ultimate using Windows Anytime Upgrade requires _____0____ megabytes of additional hard disk space.
7. To migrate a computer running Windows XP to Windows 7, you can use a utility called User State Migration.
8. The new Windows 7 feature that renders all of the windows on the desktop transparent when you mouse over the right end of the taskbar is called Aero Peek.
9. The Windows 7 Starter edition is only available in a 32-bit version.
10. The maximum amount of system memory supported by Windows 7 Enterprise is 192 gigabytes. Lesson 2:
1. Windows Easy Transfer supports two types of migrations, called side-by-side and wipe-and-load.
2. When a serious problem occurs with Windows 7, you might be able to repair it by starting the Windows PE operating system and running diagnostic tools. In this scenario, Windows PE is called by another name, which is Windows Recovery Environment.
3. To migrate user profile information from one computer to another, you can use either Windows Easy Transfer or User State Migration Tool.
4. A computer running Windows PE will automatically reboot after 72 hours.
5. Windows Easy Transfer supports migration using any…